At St Helena's programs cater for children from our innovative Three Year Old Program to Year 6. Our aim is to build strong foundations that provide a basis for life – this includes instilling a love of learning. Participation and teamwork are part of our school culture and this develops confidence, motivation and self-esteem. Our teachers focus on educating the whole person in a friendly, caring and challenging environment bounded by our Catholic faith values and teachings.
As a community united in faith and trust, St Helena’s Catholic Primary School provides a nurturing environment where our children contribute to the development of the kind of world envisaged by Jesus by living the ideal of doing 'Something Beautiful for God'.
St Helena’s Catholic Primary School strives to:
- nurture a Jesus-centered environment where Gospel values are actively lived and practiced;
- promote a sense of active justice and equality for all;
- enhance the role of parents in the learning process as the first educators of their children;
- encourage an awareness of and desire to respect and care for self, others and for all of creation;
- value and celebrate each person’s gifts, encourage them to share their gifts and use them to the best of their ability;
- provide a learning environment which supports the education of the whole child in body,mind and spirit
- actively promote the skills of collaboration, cooperation, thinking and problem solving in all areas of learning as preparation to meet the challenges of an ever-changing future;
- build a community of flexible, independent and self motivated learners who share a life long journey of self-discovery through real life experiences